Re: [linux-audio-user] RE: Noob, Latency, Mandrake and Dell....

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] RE: Noob, Latency, Mandrake and Dell....
From: Joern Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 11:38:32 EET

Russell Hanaghan wrote:
>>If I set Jack parameters in Qjackctl any lower than 1024 I get Xrun
>>mayhem. (at 44100) I have also tried this running from consoles as
>
> root
>
>>and it does not seem to make much difference. Am I expecting too much?
>

> Do you have /tmp mounted in ram?
> If not, add this to /etc/fstab and reboot:
                                      ^^^^^^
for the record, this is linux: it is not necessary to reboot. it is
never necessary unless you add new hardware, or there's a kernel
security hole (or as my grandfather's grandfather used to say, when
it crashes, but that's probably a myth :-D)

you can just do "mount -a" which will mount all fstab entries except
for those marked "noauto" if they are not already mounted.

> none /tmp/jack tmpfs defaults 0 0

you will have to create the mountpoint first, though:
# mkdir /tmp/jack

regards,

jörn

--
"I never use EQ, never, never, never. I previously used to use mic
positioning but I've even given up on that too."

Jörn Nettingsmeier Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server) http://www.linuxaudiodev.org (Linux Audio Developers)