Re: [linux-audio-user] More Mandrake 9.2 fine tuning...Dell latitude live fx box

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] More Mandrake 9.2 fine tuning...Dell latitude live fx box
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 21:20:56 EET

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 11:06, Chris Pickett wrote:
> > I am still unable to run Jack at anything less than 1024 without having
> > Xrun hell. I set the HD to DMA "on" I had apm as opposed to acpi
> > running...turned it off and found no difference.
>
> Check that your CPU speed is not getting screwed up by the power
> management (i.e. you have the full 650 MHz). I don't know if it's even
> a problem for Dell laptops, but it was/is for certain Thinkpads.

I've had this problem in Winblowz before and also a BIOS upgrade that
Dell had about 2 revisions ago. I think it is running full stem but I'll
check.

I also tried this on another identical laptop that has 256 megs...with
negligble difference although, come to think of it, I only tried with
Ecamegapedal and not Ardour. I'll try that a bit later today.

Thanks