Re: [linux-audio-user] More Mandrake 9.2 fine tuning...Dell latitude live fx box

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] More Mandrake 9.2 fine tuning...Dell latitude live fx box
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 22:14:58 EET

Just checked CPU speed. Is definitely running at or very close to
650Mhz.

Just slipped the MDK 9.2 HD into my other identical machine but with 256
megs of RAM. It's cookin'!!! Call me stoopid expecting miracles out of
128megs?? :/

Anyway, this is what I was looking for!! Ardour mixer, Freeverb, 3 band
Parametric in post fade...single send from my mixer, panable stereo outs
back to mixer! I'll leave it running for awhile but so far no xruns,
good latency and sounds better than the Alesis units with a lot more
flexibilty.

I'll try adding some other plugins later to see where it starts to stall
out on performance...but just this as is makes me happy. I already had
the laptop...if this stays up reliably thru a gig, I just saved a couple
o' hundred bux on yet another piece of gear!

thanks

Russell