Re: [linux-audio-user] Which kernel for low latency?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Which kernel for low latency?
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (eric_AT_zhevny.com)
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 05:17:15 EET

sorry, I don't know. I've never anything other than 44100. I have had
jack running with much lower -p's, for what it's worth.

I've been running sessions of my guitar_mix scripts all night trying out
various ecasound effects. Now that I've finally moved my delta66 over to
my new athlon box I can do much more. Just mixing 5 tracks (w/panning
and amplify effects controlled by oscillators) to 3 outputs was about
all my old pII 400 could handle, so it's fun to finally have enough cpu
to play with compression, reverb, filters, etc, etc. :-D

Anyway, I had a point ... I've run into a few issues. after one
successful ecasound or ecaplay session I have to stop and restart jackd
before another ecasound will work. If I don't restart jack the next
eca(sound|play) gets stuck in a futex() ... It's bed time now, but, I'll
try to tie this down tomorrow or later this week and report it to kai
and the jack list.

I also had an issue with the new ams-1.7.3. It gets kicked out of the
jack graph if I switch windows or desktops with the openbox3
keybindings. Again, I'll investigate that more closely later this week.

-Eric Rz.