Re: [linux-audio-user] What is status vxpocket + alsa + jack

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] What is status vxpocket + alsa + jack
From: Chris Pickett (chris.pickett_AT_mail.mcgill.ca)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 03:53:16 EET

digger vermont wrote:

> Hello All,
> Is vxpocket now fully working with alsa and jack? Are there any issues
> with using it on a powerbook?
>
> After buying (about a year ago) a Edirol UA-20 and finding it now not
> supported by jack, I'm concerned about ending up with the same situation
> with a vxpocket.

Digigram released some open source drivers, and their cards are
supposedly well-supported (check the ALSA driver compatability matrix)

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php3?vendor=vendor-Digigram#matrix

I googled for "digigram vxpocket linux powerbook" and also found:

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-audio-dev_AT_music.columbia.edu/msg10961.html

(which I thought was a little amusing because Joern is a (the?) list admin)

Anyway, I have the same card, but not a powerbook, so I felt like
answering. It's a great card, and I was lucky to get one when
audioMIDI.com was blowing them out last year for under $200. AFAIK,
JACK doesn't interact directly with your soundcard, but rather with ALSA
which in turn talks to your soundcard.

Cheers,
Chris