Re: [linux-audio-user] offline processing

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] offline processing
From: Chris Pickett (chris.pickett_AT_mail.mcgill.ca)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 07:44:08 EET

lee_AT_fallingforward.net wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Steve Harris wrote:
>

>>On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 08:28:59 -0500, Chris Pickett wrote:
>>
>>If oyu particularly want to use offline processing I would recommend you
>>look at ecasound, but it has a bit of a learning curve.
>

> But once that learning curve is reached...damn, ecasound can do /anything/

So ... thanks everyone for the info.

If ecasound can record in freewheel mode (someone mentioned it can),
then really I'm happy enough with that and some console-based MIDI
sequencer. I dislike GUI's for most things besides browsing the web, so
I think I'll feel at home :)

It's really what Ron Parker is talking about, more than anything: once I
have the settings perfect and I'm ready to bounce, I want it to happen
quickly. But, at the same time, I don't want to have to check every
single operation by ear to listen for little glitches because at some
point I ran out of CPU power.

Anyway, it looks like I've waited just long enough now to switch over
(2.6 kernel, freewheel) and again, I appreciate the response. Still
interested to know what's up with Ron and Ardour and JAMin though ...

Cheers,
Chris