Re: [linux-audio-user] A machine for live gigging?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] A machine for live gigging?
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 10:27:46 EET

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 00.12, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 09:47:29AM +1100, Dan Harper wrote:
> > > For soundcards RME and M-Audio are youre best bet, avoid USB if you
> > > can. The processor doesnt really matter, but you probably want
> > > something with decent floating point performance, so a Pentium 4 or
> > > Athlon XP. You want 512+ MB of ram.
> >
> > This is interesting... What would be a solution for a laptop where
> > PCMCIA is not available?
>
> Get someone to support one of the many firewire devices under ALSA ;)

This is something I'm looking forward to __greatly__. Access to firewire
devices would accelerate my own usage computers in a live situation (and
recording for that matter). I'd like to help but it looks like no one really
knows in which direction we shall proceed.

I guess mLan is the answer, though I'm not sure about the question :)

/Robert