Re: [linux-audio-user] Some music made with Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Some music made with Linux
From: Pete Bessman (ninjadroid_AT_ml1.net)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 02:12:34 EET

At Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:51:09 -0800,
Matthew Allen wrote:

> I would also vote for multi sample support **BUT**, and I may be
> in the minority here, I dig the current simplicity of specimen. I don't
> need filters or LFO (I can roll my own in any number of programs). Fast
> amplitude envelopes would be nice (so I can actually create my own quick
> percussion sounds from bits of found noise) but outside of that I like
> how it is now. I love the easy of use and simplicity.

You're not really in the minority. I'm a big believer in simplicity
and ease of use in general, and especially where tools for creativity
are concerned. Most people might think otherwise, but I'm the author,
so there.

I will be adding filters, LFOs, envelopes, effects, etc. But the
overiding concern above all is simplicity. You'll always be able to
just start Specimen, load some samples, and go. The flexibility will
be there, but it won't be in your face.

[pb]