[linux-audio-user] Some music made with Linux

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Some music made with Linux
From: Pete Bessman (ninjadroid_AT_ml1.net)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 19:50:49 EET

Hi all,

Check out http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/eastsidemilitiamusic.htm

After getting Specimen to an acceptable state, I threw together this
proper demo. It has no vocals since me and my larynx don't get along,
but I encourage anyone who so desires to rectify that deficiency.

I used Seq24 for MIDI sequencing, Specimen for sampling, and Ardour
for recording. Except for the guitars, everything in this song was
produced by Specimen+Seq24. Someone on this list asked me to keep a
detailed journal of the process by which I created this (unfortunately
I can't remember who). Well, as far as the Linux side of things goes,
it's not very interesting. I used the aforementioned tools in a
typical fashion. For general recording, any account I have to write
would be duplication of effort. Instead, check out:

http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm

Oh, and give the song a listen beyond the cheesy introduction. That
part is meant to sound cheesy. If the rest of the song sounds cheesy,
then I'm a failure, but have patience with the intro ;-)

[pb]