RE: [linux-audio-user] Some music made with Linux

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Some music made with Linux
From: Matthew Allen (matthew_AT_lith.com)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 01:51:09 EET

        I would also vote for multi sample support **BUT**, and I may be
in the minority here, I dig the current simplicity of specimen. I don't
need filters or LFO (I can roll my own in any number of programs). Fast
amplitude envelopes would be nice (so I can actually create my own quick
percussion sounds from bits of found noise) but outside of that I like
how it is now. I love the easy of use and simplicity.

        If I need something more complex (like say CC control over loop
points, or filters or lfo) I would just build it in PD. Its nice to just
be able to quickly start up an instance or 2 of specimen and create fun
little or synth patterns.

m.

Scanned on 19 Feb 2004 23:50:38
Scanning by http://erado.com