Re: [linux-audio-user] Some music made with Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Some music made with Linux
From: Pete Bessman (ninjadroid_AT_ml1.net)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 01:52:04 EET

At Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:14:14 -0800,
Mark Knecht wrote:

> Or come help develop LinuxSampler!
>
> http://www.linuxsampler.org

>From the website:

"A fully usable LinuxSampler will require several months probably a few
years of development so consider it a long-term project."

Fsck that. They can come help Specimen, which is fully usable now, if
not feature rich. Or they can work on SimSam (simsam.sf.net). Not to
be a polemicist, but I predict this will go the way of Octal
(www.gnu.org/software/octal). Too much planning, too little product.
Failing that, when it does reach maturity in a few years, I'll just
whore the read-from-disk and network control code from 'em.

Considering how far Specimen has come in a few months of hacking
(mostly part time, since I was between colleges and working full time
at a *movie theater* for the first two months), that will probably be
the only advantage it has.

Bwahahaha!

[pb]