Re: [linux-audio-user] Some music made with Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Some music made with Linux
From: Benjamin Flaming (lau_AT_solobanjo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 20:07:58 EET

On Thursday 19 February 2004 11:50 am, Pete Bessman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Check out http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/eastsidemilitiamusic.htm
>
> After getting Specimen to an acceptable state, I threw together this
> proper demo. It has no vocals since me and my larynx don't get along,
> but I encourage anyone who so desires to rectify that deficiency.

     I must admit, I was reluctant to sign up for Yet Another User Account On
A Web Site I'll Probably Never Visit Again. I'm very glad I did, however - I
enjoyed your tune *very* much!

     The only thing that bothered me was the piano at about 4:00. It felt too
thin and small to blend into the rich musical backdrop you'd created, and it
didn't quite feel raw enough to be out-of-place in a "good" sort of way.
FWIW, you might try reversing the piano samples, or perhaps doing something
to make them sound cheaper/grainier and/or stranger. Alternatively, you
could dump a bunch of reverb on it to give it more of an ethereal quality,
but that wouldn't be nearly as much fun, would it? ;)

     I look forward to hearing more of your stuff!