Re: [linux-audio-user] Some music made with Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Some music made with Linux
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 19:42:41 EET

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 12:26:22 -0500, Pete Bessman wrote:
> Apart from Evil Laughter(TM), which I thought was funny, I couldn't
> see one thing irrational about my statement. The gist of it was "It
> makes more sense to improve a living project than to have maintainers
> of said project contribute to the creation of what is currently a
> castle in the sky." Asking me to pool my efforts with SimSam's author
> makes sense to me(until you account for the fact that I don't know QT
> and hate C++, hence Specimen), but I don't see why I should drop my
> project and work on LinuxSampler.

Nor do I. I have no problem with a handful of sample players existing
(though I've changed my mind about this a couple of times :) Different
projects have different styles, and UIs, and having a couple for Developer
Disinterest Insurance is a good idea.

FWIW my input to LS has been pretty minimal - other than a bit of filter
code its mostly been bribing and pestering Benno :)

- Steve