Re: [linux-audio-user] running jack as non-root?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] running jack as non-root?
From: Hasse Hagen Johansen (hhj_AT_musikcheck.dk)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 11:25:51 EET

    Arnold> Apart from other "official" solutions I did set the suid
    Arnold> flag on all the binaries I need and changed the group to
    Arnold> audio (and let others not execute the bins)...

    Arnold> That way I can have excellent latency times while still
    Arnold> being my normal user.

I actually thought of that earlier. It is possibly one the easiest
solutions.

I just started the thread to hear about how people did get realtime
CAp as a normal user.....I think it actually makes sence to make an
audio group...could also set the permissons on the audio devices etc.

Thanks