Re: [linux-audio-user] running jack as non-root?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] running jack as non-root?
From: Hasse Hagen Johansen (hhj_AT_musikcheck.dk)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 11:21:44 EET

>>>>> "jacobus" == jacobus <jaap> writes:

    jacobus> If you have rt-caps compiled in your kernel you have to
    jacobus> compile jack with the jack-caps flag Then you can start
    jacobus> jack with jackstart as non-root.Then applikatios that use
    jacobus> jack can be started as non root ,but will have
    jacobus> realtime-privileges or something.If they support this
    jacobus> feature and are compiled with the right flag.

Thans. That sounds a bit more pleasent than the other way with givertcap.

>> I am running Gentoo with reiserfs, so I hope it doesn't depend
>> on using ext2/3 extended attributes...any recommendations?

    jacobus> I have gentoo with reiserfs and I didn't notice anything
    jacobus> special about it.I think this is another issue,but I can
    jacobus> be wrong

I don't have any Gentoo specific issues. It was just to point out that
I just couldn't install planet ccrma og some other redhat packages ;-)

Thanks again

Hasse