Re: [linux-audio-user] some more 'made with Linux' music

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] some more 'made with Linux' music
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 15:50:47 EET

> You are using audacity without linux?

A few years ago, getting reliable full duplex recording on Linux was
difficult, so the first libre audio software I used for recording was
indeed Audacity on Windows 98. But for the last year or two we have
been using Audacity only on Linux. Before that I used Cool Edit and
Cakewalk, and had a few tries on Cubase but never ran it myself.

There were also a few shareware music apps for Windows, like the
Hammerhead (?) drum machine that I liked - now Hydrogen is better
though.

> But I believe the microphones where not linux ;-)

You're right - they were pure analogue!

Cheers

Daniel