[linux-audio-user] RE: some more 'made with Linux' music

Subject: [linux-audio-user] RE: some more 'made with Linux' music
From: daniel.vincent_AT_blueyonder.co.uk
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 17:51:18 EET

> I'm hoping this was a "linux only" recording. It's something that you
> can be proud of as far as show people what one can do with a linux audio
> studio.

I used to record all my music using Broadcast2000. I could never get on with Cinellera, Jack/Ardour crashed too often and my machine was too rubbish to run Audacity with no real latency.

http://stage.vitaminic.co.uk/onion_jack

I've recently started using Ardour (now that Broadcast2000 is getting harder and harder to find in a stable packaged form, I think only SuSE still includes it with their current distro?) which is good fun if a bit intimidating to start with. I've also upgraded my machine, so using Audacity is also less painful than it used to be. It's ideal for sharing projects with non-Linux musicians...

Incidentally, are there any Linux musicians in South London?

daniel

www.o <http://www.onionjack.co.uk> nionjack.co.uk - that's just silly