Re: [linux-audio-user] shuttle xpcs as linux music boxes?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] shuttle xpcs as linux music boxes?
From: Richard Seymour (nutate_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 18:07:09 EET

hi,
As a fellow muller, I've looked into the Shuttle xpc Zen. It has an
external powersupply, a la the apple cube, and is extremely quiet
according to the people of www.silentpcreview.com. Right now it only
comes in a pentium 4 flavor, but they may release an AMD version. It's
biggest flaw is the lack of an AGP slot (it has builtin nvidia, and 2
pci slots, I believe). That wouldn't be any problem if you don't run
any really graphics intensive games.
-Rich