Re: [linux-audio-user] FINALE 2000 - WINE ???

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] FINALE 2000 - WINE ???
From: Chris Cannam (cannam_AT_all-day-breakfast.com)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 11:36:07 EET

On Thursday 04 Mar 2004 9:03 am, Glenn McCord wrote:
> >i'm trying out finale 2000 on the WINE emulator for Linux on
> > Redhat9. I have put a copy of the maestro.ttf font into an X11
> > directory and pointed my .wine/config file to that directory so
> > now i have the font showing up in finale.
>
> Is this the same font that Sibelius needs under wine?

No. Maestro is Finale's own music font, designed by Blake Hodgetts to
replace the awful Petrucci. The default Sibelius font is called Opus.

Of course it's possible they might be able to use one another's fonts,
but I think it's unlikely. (Rosegarden-4 can actually use both of
them, though I'm not sure why you'd bother as the Lilypond Feta font
is probably better than either.)

Chris