Re: [linux-audio-user] Good Sound Card for Pro Multitracking

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Good Sound Card for Pro Multitracking
From: Jesse Chappell (jesse_AT_essej.net)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 03:40:19 EET

Mr. Spock wrote on Thu, 11-Mar-2004:

> BTW, does the headphone socket work? I seem to remember Paul Davis
> saying (when he first wrote the driver) that the only things not
> supported (yet) were the headphone/line out socket and the LEDs.

It does indeed work. It is both line level and headphone drivable,
a fully independent 2 analog outs... completely routable to via
the matrix mixer. Watch out for the levels though, it can blow
your headphones if not careful. The leds work fine.

some people have been experiencing odd issues with the cardbus
hdsp interface and certain laptop chipsets, it is not clear why.
Mine has always worked fine :)

jlc