Re: [linux-audio-user] jack trouble

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] jack trouble
From: Chris Metzler (cmetzler_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 07:06:43 EET

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:13:42 +0100
"C. Villard" <chvillard_AT_wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Thank for the many ansawers I've received. Anyway, that still doesn't
> work. I've typed jackd -S -d alsa -r 44100 & but the prompt don't come
> back there's always a problem (xrun ...don't know what it's meaning) and
> when I try the jack metronome , jack_metro --bpm 120 &, the answer is :
>

> [moebius_AT_localhost moebius]$ jack_metro --bpm 120 &
> [1] 2307
> cannot connect to jack server
> [moebius_AT_localhost moebius]$ cannot connect to default JACK server
> jack server not running?

In your previous message, you showed yourself running jackd as root.
Here, you show yourself running jack_metro as a non-root user.
This may be your problem.

-c

--
Chris Metzler			cmetzler_AT_speakeasy.snip-me.net
		(remove "snip-me." to email)

"As a child I understood how to give; I have forgotten this grace since I have become civilized." - Chief Luther Standing Bear