[linux-audio-user] Latest HotPlug upgrade.

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Latest HotPlug upgrade.
From: David Baron (d_baron_AT_012.net.il)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 14:19:32 EET

USB NEWS FLASH!

The latest hotplug upgrade from SID now installs uhci-hcd without its being
requested in /etc/modules. This module still does not unload correctly,
however, so I guess I need to blacklist it so I can shutdown normally ...
ugh--blacklisting this does not work (the original usb-uhci had been
blacklisted as well and always loaded--at least ext3 is working!).

The new hotplug loads a lot of stuff, in fact:
dmesg | grep usb
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver usbfs
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver hub
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver hiddev
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver hid
drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: v2.0:USB HID core driver
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver snd-usb-audio
drivers/usb/host/uhci-hcd.c: USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver
v2.1
usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using address 2
snd-usb-audio: probe of 1-2:1.0 failed with error -5
snd-usb-audio: probe of 1-2:1.1 failed with error -5
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver irda-usb
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver xpad
drivers/usb/input/xpad.c: X-Box pad driver:v0.0.5
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver audio
drivers/usb/class/audio.c: v1.0.0:USB Audio Class driver
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for Generic
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver usbserial
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial Driver core v2.0
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for IR Dongle
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver ir-usb
drivers/usb/serial/ir-usb.c: USB IR Dongle driver v0.4
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver usbnet
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage

(Those -5 errors apparently are not preventing the MIDI usb devices from
operating. Can cat /dev/midi1 and see my key-presses.)

However, the MIDI devices is the only one I have connected to one of the two
(older system) USB ports. Should not hotplug load any of these other should I
plug one of them in? I have no X-box, no dongles, no nothing.