Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: extreme time stretching

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: extreme time stretching
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 18:54:29 EET

Frank Barknecht wrote:

>I'm going to write up a "editor shootout" soon - in german again :(
>Apart from above three and Sweep, are there some other really good
>soundfile editors, I *need* to consider?

I recently submitted such an article to LJ, they'll publish it but I
don't know when. I profiled these editors :

Snd
MiXViews
DAP
Audacity
ReZound
Sweep
Swami
WaveSurfer
GLAME
LAoE
Gnusound
KWave

Each has its special interesting bit, some are more special than others.
For instance, DAP has a really fine loop point editor for AIFF/AIFC
files, MiXViews has some unique analysis/resynthesis features, Swami is
the shiznitz for soundfonts, WaveSurfer includes some great tools for
speech researchers, et cetera, but if you're profiling apps for the
"typical" user of a soundfile editor then I suppose you're safest with
the ones you've already selected.

Best,

dp