[linux-audio-user] MicroKorg -> MIDI -> Linux

Subject: [linux-audio-user] MicroKorg -> MIDI -> Linux
From: daniel.vincent_AT_blueyonder.co.uk
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 20:03:49 EET

Firstly, thanks to everyone who gave responses to my query regarding triggering samples. I'm looking into a number of the different options, and I think it's about time I worked out how to use pd!
I have a new challenge/question :-)
My latest purchase, a MicroKorg synthesiser, has MIDI connectors which I have hooked up to my soundcard's game port. I've set the required settings on the Korg, WTF do I do now? :-))))
I've had a quick Google around at documentation, but if anyone could recommend a good tutorial/book/site for setting this kind of thing up then I'd be much obliged!
I downloaded the new version of Dynebolic the other day. Another fine release, something that I'm regularly recommending to friends and fellow home recording geeks.
cheers
daniel

www.soundclick.com/theparallelrise
www.soundclick.com/onionjack