Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] vsti v0.0.2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] vsti v0.0.2
From: Chris Cannam (cannam_AT_all-day-breakfast.com)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 21:12:00 EET

On Tuesday 23 Mar 2004 5:14 pm, Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:
> What programs are you using?

It's just a thing I wrote a few months ago on discovering vstserver
didn't support VSTi. It started out as an experiment to see if the
JACK stuff could be run directly from within the Windows bit (as I
imagine everyone tries once -- the answer is yes, but it's very
fragile) but it gradually ended up structured somewhat like vstserver
(I think). It's nothing like as complete -- no cache, no LADSPA, and
I don't think I ever got around to finishing the bit that provides
audio input to the plugin so it actually only does instruments and
not effects.

A fun programming exercise but there are plenty of reasons why it
hasn't really seen the light of day. I only uploaded the screenshot
on the assumption that vstserver (which I applaud) looks identical.

Chris