Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] vsti v0.0.2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] vsti v0.0.2
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 11:27:31 EET

> I agree it's pointless -- you'd just be getting a screenshot of
> someone else's VST plugin.

The point as I see it is to prove that the VSTis are rendered properly
in a Linux environment, since they are highly visual tools. To see a
couple of them floating around a KDE desktop makes the point for
people who might not appreciate the implication of your code.

I'd expect many serious audio users and musicians have a far higher
investment in VST plugins and VSTi's than they do in Windows itself.

Cheers

Daniel