[linux-audio-user] what's the best option here? / SosPubs article

Subject: [linux-audio-user] what's the best option here? / SosPubs article
From: Kent, Gary (gkent_AT_mhc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 17:36:39 EEST

Steve,

        Sorry to be a pest, but does the Hammerfall Lite fall right into
the box on Linux? If I'm seeing right there is not the possibility with
this card to have playback without a computer since it is nothing but
optical ports, with no 1/8" or 1/4" jacks? This Lite card is what I
have been leaning towards but want to be really sure about it because I
am researching a whole new setup based around a good optical card.
Just out of curiosity, what preamps and such do you interface to this
card with?

Mark Knecht:
        You said that you didn't use the Lite card much under Linux but
that it worked ok, and sorry to be a pest here, but were there
deficiencies somewhere with this card that caused you to yank it out?

>> I also own a Hammerfall Light. It worked under Linux, but I didn;t
use it much. Some time ago I removed it and it's sitting on my desk
begging for a machine to go into.

        That wouldn't be a sales offer, would it? ;>)

Many thanks again,
gk