[linux-audio-user] Cheap PCI MIDI interface

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Cheap PCI MIDI interface
From: Ross Vandegrift (ross_AT_willow.seitz.com)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 03:57:42 EEST

Hey everyone,

        I remember back in highschool my band director bought a really
simple 2x2 ISA MIDI interface for the band's computer. Does anything
like that in PCI exist? I've looked around and didn't find anything
that simple (ie, cheap ::-).

        What are people doing for this? The USB MIDI adaptors all seem
really overpriced (they seem to start at around $40 for 1x1). I don't need
the portability and would rather save the money. Maybe I should just find
a pair of SB Lives used?

Thanks for any tips!

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross_AT_willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon. He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon. He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon. He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon. He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon. He makes it official. It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon. Batman and Robin arrive. He shoots them.