Re: [linux-audio-user] Cheap PCI MIDI interface

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Cheap PCI MIDI interface
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 20:03:47 EEST

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> But you'd need a gameport-midi converter, which adds cost. I'd go the
> USB route for midi. Those small midi things often come in handy.
>
> ciao

I'd go with the USB solution also. It's flexible.

I sort of have a very vague, lost memory that maybe in one of the older
MIDI books, like possibly Craig Anderton's book, or maybe something even
older, that there was some solution for hooking a MIDI connector to a
parallel port and doing MIDI from some small DOS program. I certainly
don't know if there's any port of stuff like that to Linux though.

Good luck,
Mark