Re: *!* [linux-audio-user] Picky Shuttle audio chipset conflictin g with other cards...

Subject: Re: *!* [linux-audio-user] Picky Shuttle audio chipset conflictin g with other cards...
From: Stephen Hassard (steve_AT_hassard.net)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 18:45:34 EEST

I've seen that the ice1724 driver (which is based on ice1712) is unable
to mmap on /dev/dsp.

The trick is to switch the order of your cards so that /dev/dsp is
attached to your ac97 on-board first, instead of your ice1712. If you
make 'alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0', you'll probably find the game will
work happily.

later,
Steve

Mr.Freeze wrote:
> Hey,
> I'm using an "ice1712" soundcard (with whom I satisfied) on a Shuttle box,
whose
> "intel8x0" audio chipset powers I'm trying to "revive", in order to
attempt
> again to make the game Enemy Territory work at last, as it returned the
> following error, when using the better soundcard of the two:
>
> ------- sound initialization -------
> /dev/dsp: Input/output error
> Could not mmap /dev/dsp
>
> One reported on the ET forum (on the thread "ET / Linux: no sound!") that
it is
> supposed to be due to this "ice1712" driver, quoting the "Advanced Linux
Sound