[linux-audio-user] Re: Picky Shuttle audio chipset conflicting with other cards...

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Picky Shuttle audio chipset conflicting with other cards...
From: Mr.Freeze (theremin_AT_free.fr)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 19:48:58 EEST

Re-
Stephen Hassard <steve_AT_hassard.net> wrote:
> I've seen that the ice1724 driver (which is based on ice1712) is unable
> to mmap on /dev/dsp.

What's the use of this mod then?

> The trick is to switch the order of your cards so that /dev/dsp is
> attached to your ac97 on-board first, instead of your ice1712. If you
> make 'alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0', you'll probably find the game will
> work happily.

True, once I can make this crappy "intel8x0" utter any sound, and cope with the
other cards (the first one only in /etc/modules.conf is working)!

Modprobing it works silently, cating /proc/asound/cards tells the truth, routing
XMMS to /dev/dsp aliased to it makes the built-in spectrogram appear... but no
sound comes out of my speakers (cables connections and volume sliders checked).
As I said, there's that "[Off]" label on all alsamixer channels.

Cheers,
Christian