Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: shuttle xpcs as linux music boxes? (Ch ristian Frisson)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: shuttle xpcs as linux music boxes? (Ch ristian Frisson)
From: Stephen Hassard (steve_AT_hassard.net)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 01:30:26 EEST

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:
>>My tip: don't go for the hypest nForce2 models of the Shuttle series, buy
>>cheaper (or older) one, whose chipsets are known compliant with Linux,
disable
>>the video chipset, and invest the gained price difference on an entry 3D
video
>>card with built-in RAM!
> No, nforce2 is well supported in linux now. I don't know about nforce3...

I've had mixed experiences with the asus sk8n nforce3 motherboard,
although it's more implementation specific quirks than issues with the
chipset itself. The GPL'd forcedeth ethernet driver seems to work really
well in my experience. Debian's sarge beta 3 install CD even includes
the forcedeth driver ootb. Really nice!

later,
Steve