Re: [linux-audio-user] Non-xrun noise with ALSA, Jack and an USB soundcard

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Non-xrun noise with ALSA, Jack and an USB soundcard
From: Claudio Mettler (linux-audio-user_AT_goblin-embassy.net)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 16:10:57 EEST

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 10:24:00AM +0300, Jorma R wrote:
> I get a lot of noise - clicks and pops - when connecting Jack ports. The
> noise appears when I run Jack in duplex mode and with a period size less
> than 2048 frames.

I had the same problem with jack and found out it's because of
qjackctl rescanning connections every few seconds.

If you're using qjackctl check if refreshing is activated and disable
it.

See http://qjackctl.sourceforge.net/image/qjackctlSetupForm2.png
("Auto refresh connections patchbay...")

These clicks almost made me freak out ;)

Claudio