Re: [linux-audio-user] alsa setup

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] alsa setup
From: Clemens Ladisch (clemens_AT_ladisch.de)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 19:29:00 EEST

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> The problem is that right now the cards get assigned a card number that
> reflects in what order they were inserted. I'd rather have them show up
> on fixed locations.
>
> alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
> alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
> alias snd-card-2 snd-virmidi

The OSS device nodes for the first two port of this will be
/dev/midi02 and /dev/amidi02, so you probably don't need to load
snd-virmidi twice.

> alias snd-card-3 snd-virmidi

> alias snd-card-4 snd-usb-midi
> alias snd-card-5 snd-usb-midi

The module for these should be snd-usb-audio, too.

You would need the following index options:

  options snd-intel8x0 index=0
  options snd-usb-audio index=1,4,5 vid=0x0582
  options snd-virmidi index=2,3

(the vid option forces the UA-1A to index 1; without this, one of the
keyboards could be loaded at index 1)

HTH
Clemens