[linux-audio-user] permissions of /proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/oss

Subject: [linux-audio-user] permissions of /proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/oss
From: Atte André Jensen (atte_AT_ballbreaker.dk)
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 22:49:20 EEST

I cannot figure out how to automatically set permissions of
/proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/oss. I tried Having the line

options snd major=116 cards_limit=4 device_mode=0660

in /etc/modutils/alsa, but alsa won't come up, saying: "Unknown symbol
device_mode". Google tell's me that is a common problem. Is there a new
way of setting the permissions of /proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/oss or /proc
in general???

This is on kernel 2.6.4...

--
peace, love & harmony