Re: [linux-audio-user] Recording RealPlayer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Recording RealPlayer
From: tim hall (tech_AT_glastonburymusic.org.uk)
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 23:45:07 EEST

On Sunday 18 April 2004 4:39 pm, Christian Convey wrote:
> I was wondering if someone could recommend a good way of recording
> RealAudio streams so that they ultimately end up on disk as .wav or .mp3 or
> .ogg files.

Mmm, I'd be interested in a plugin that could handle rtsp, not, I hasten to
add, because I like it. Surely the problem here is the general
proprietoriness of 'RealAudio'. I have been donated some space on a streaming
Audio server that uses this protocol. Unfortunately at present I have no way
of checking whether it works under Linux. Is this possible?

Is it even desirable?

cheers

tim hall