[linux-audio-user] timidity and jack problem

Subject: [linux-audio-user] timidity and jack problem
From: Stuart Allie (stuartpallie_AT_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 07:53:15 EEST

Hi All,

I’ve just built timidity++ 2.13 and I’m trying to use the jack output
driver, but with no luck so far. Actually, I’m trying to use it in alsa
sequencer mode with jack outputs.

I’ve tried

  timidity –Oj file.mid

and

  timidity –iA –B2,8 –Oj file.mid

with the jack patch bay open, and I briefly see two ports “TiMidity:out_1”
and “out_2” (or something like that) appear for a split second and then
disappear again.

Using qjackctrl, there don’t seem to be any error messages from jack, so I
can’t see what the problem is.

Any suggestions anybody?

Thanks,

Stuart

-------------------------
Dr. Stuart Allie
Systems Studies
Hydro Tasmania
4 Elizabeth Street
Hobart Tasmania
+61 3 6230 5079
stuart.allie_AT_hydro.com.au

Find love today with ninemsn personals. Click here:
http://ninemsn.match.com?referrer=hotmailtagline