RE: [linux-audio-user] Quattro USB

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Quattro USB
From: Reuben Martin (MartinR_AT_jbu.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 07:30:02 EEST

> Thanks for the reply,
> As I am only in the posession of a laptop, PCI is not an option.
> Are there any PCMCIA otions out there, or should I wait until
> Firewire/USB 2.0
> becomes more available?

I don't think the audio spec changes with USB 2.0. That would make backwards compatability a little tough, but I may be wrong. I'm not familiar enough with firewire and PCMCIA audio devices to provide useful advice on their pros and cons.

Using a laptop, you may not have much of a choice but to use a USB device. In that case maybe some people on this list could provide you with some advice on success (or lack thereof) when using USB devices with Jack. There's lots of reference to troubles with the Quattro on the Jack Dev list, so try looking around and see if there's anything that works better before settling on what you want to buy.

-Reuben