Re: [linux-audio-user] Delta 1010LT and recording question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Delta 1010LT and recording question
From: Joe Hartley (jh_AT_brainiac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 21:56:47 EEST

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:01:47 -0700
"H. T. Hind" <hirh_AT_comcast.net> wrote:
> How can I use the two digital ports to record?

The digital ports are S/PDIF. Connect the S/PDIF output from some
device to the 1010's port and you've got it. What? You don't have
any S/PDIF-capable devices? Then you're just going to have the 8
analog ports available.

> As the Delta 1010 seems capable of stereo recording , is it
> possible to record 20 line-ins in a mono mode ?

No, each port is mono, so you'll have 4 stereo pairs.

> Is it possible to then route the invididual channels to
> individual files ?

Yes. You may need to run 4 instances of ecasound, one for each
stereo pair, to do this (I don't know ecasound at all) but as long as
each instance is looking at a different pair of input ports, you
should be fine.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh_AT_brainiac.com