Re: [linux-audio-user] cd burning; multiple songs from one .wav file

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] cd burning; multiple songs from one .wav file
From: Malcolm Baldridge (linux-audio_AT_paypc.com)
Date: Sat May 01 2004 - 02:08:48 EEST

> INDEX MM:SS:FF
> Increments the index number at given position
> within the track. The first statement will incre­
> ment from 1 to 2. The position is relative to the
> real track start, not counting an existing pre-gap.
>
> I haven't tried this, but it looks like what you want.
>
> I don't know whether incrementing the index number is sufficient to be
> seen as a track mark when skipping tracks in a player, or whether that
> needs some other kind of marker inserted in the data.

No, I suspect he wanted to create TRACK boundaries. Not all consumer
cd-players actually let you select INDEX numbers. In any event, seeking to
INDEX numbers is never as fast as skipping tracks since determining the
INDEX number requires tasting the subcode [actually reading one frame of
data] as it skips forward/backwards. Seeking to another track is a known
quantity because of the TOC information. There is a formula that can be
used to determine how many mm out from the origin of the CD (also defined in
a standard) given MSF values. With INDEX values, there is no such shortcut
possible.

When about to destroy the Ring of Power, you cannot ignore Quality,

=MB=

--
A focus on Quality.