RE: [linux-audio-user] wav editor that does not require alsa

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] wav editor that does not require alsa
From: Reuben Martin (MartinR_AT_jbu.edu)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 05:33:34 EEST

> Just those in the TOC of a CD. If I got that right, I have to
> just make
> track1.wav, track2.wav, etc and then run cdrecord on all of
> them to put
> them onto a CD. (I'll ask in this list if that fails :)

Like mik mentioned, you will probably want to used GCDMaster for creating the CD tracks. It supports features like allowing you to set track and indexing points without having to chop up the file into multiple files first. The real benifit from this is if you happen to be doing a live cd. GCDMaster uses a 74 frame/sec time code like CDs do. That allows you to set a track right on a frame so that you don't have padded tracks, or worse loud popping noises between tracks. Even if you're not doing a live CD, it's still very handy for audio CDs.

-Reuben