Re: [linux-audio-user] gcdmaster

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] gcdmaster
From: Jack Bowling (jbinpg_AT_shaw.ca)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 21:20:17 EEST

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 01:07:51PM +0100, Anahata wrote:
> Having seen the recommendations for gcdmaster, and because my partner
> has lots of tapes she wants to archive to CD, I installed it on her
> (recent Debian snapshot) system.
>
> It worked very nicely for about 5-10 minutes and then crashed with a
> segfault, whilst editing track marks. Repeatedly.
>
> Anyone know what environmental factors can affect this? Somebody must
> have it running more stable than that to abe able to use it. The version
> of gcdmaster seems to be the latest - 1.1.7

hmmm...no crashes with gcdmaster here. I have ~700 Meg of RAM and a 1.2 gig
swap partition and I have been loading a 546 Meg file and playing with it
the past while. Box has a PIII Coppermine chip. Seems stable for me on
Fedora Core linux and the latest gcdmaster code. One thing I would check is to ensure that you have the right options for your CD in /etc/cdrdao.conf or the equivalent ~/.cdrdao.conf. One thing that I wish gcdmaster would have is better options for manipulation of the actual cdrdao commands.

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg_AT_shaw.ca