Re: [linux-audio-user] gcdmaster

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] gcdmaster
From: Malcolm Baldridge (linux-audio_AT_paypc.com)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 00:43:41 EEST

> It worked very nicely for about 5-10 minutes and then crashed with a
> segfault, whilst editing track marks. Repeatedly.

I smell a heat problem, or something silly like a glibc or g++
mismatch/build issue. C++ programs built with pre gcc-3.2 compilers
shouldn't be mixed with libraries built with post gcc-3.2 compilers [and
vice-versa].

> Anyone know what environmental factors can affect this? Somebody must
> have it running more stable than that to abe able to use it. The version
> of gcdmaster seems to be the latest - 1.1.7

> Hardware: AMD Duron 1300,

Oooooh, I really smell a heat problem if those Durons are anything like the
Thunderbird Athlons.

Install the lm_sensors drivers <http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/> and try
to get a "sensors" output of your CPU's temperature just after a segfault.

The Dark Lord prefers Liquid Nitrogen Cooling on his servers, since they are
hallmarks of Quality,

=MB=

--
A focus on Quality.