Re: [linux-audio-user] gcdmaster

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] gcdmaster
From: Anahata (anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 01:40:23 EEST

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 02:43:41PM -0700, Malcolm Baldridge wrote:

> I smell a heat problem

Nothing else breaks that badly.

> or something silly like a glibc or g++
> mismatch/build issue. C++ programs built with pre gcc-3.2 compilers
> shouldn't be mixed with libraries built with post gcc-3.2 compilers [and
> vice-versa].

Wouldn't know about that, but upgrading to ver 1.1.8 made it behave a
lot better. Usable, but not perfect. It's possible the earlier version
wasn't fully compatible with Gnome 2.4

> > Hardware: AMD Duron 1300,
>
> Oooooh, I really smell a heat problem if those Durons are anything like the
> Thunderbird Athlons.

Durons don't run particularly hot, and this one's got a Zalman flower
clooler on it - they're pretty good but I might check the BIOS
temperature reading.

> Install the lm_sensors drivers <http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/> and try
> to get a "sensors" output of your CPU's temperature just after a segfault.

It would be good if I could get that working.

--
Anahata
anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk