[linux-audio-user] CS46xx and .asoundrc magik...

Subject: [linux-audio-user] CS46xx and .asoundrc magik...
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 19:40:14 EEST

Using a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card or should I say experimenting...on
the 2.6.5mm-2 kernel from Thac's repository.

I'm curious if I can get some additional discrete outputs in jack via
the good ol' mystery .asoundrc file? I have wondered with all of these
supposed 5.1 cards that have a rear and front as well as center channels
as to why this is not possible? The one thing I see different about the
Santa Cruz is that it seems to show dedicated pcm slots for center and
rear in /proc/asound/pcm?

Having 4 discreet outs on a 5.1 card would be usefull for some things me
thinx.

R~