[linux-audio-user] Santa Cruz Turtle beach soundcard and multi outs...

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Santa Cruz Turtle beach soundcard and multi outs...
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 18:28:27 EEST

After digging around I got this card using the cs46xx alsa driver to
show 2 ins and 6 outs running jack. I am yet to test sound thru them but
will shortly.

I figured I'd need to set up a specific .asoundrc file for this but
turns out if you try the "default" setting in qjackctl you can set up
jack for 2, 4 or 6 outs on a surround type card. At least with this one
anyway. see the alsa.conf group of scripts. There are several of which
all appear to have layout for the various surround (4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1,
etc) configurations.

I figure this might work with SBLive 5.1 too?

Most prolly know this but for those noobs like my self...

R~