Re: [linux-audio-user] audacity 1.2.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] audacity 1.2.1
From: Juhan Leemet (juhan_AT_logicognosis.com)
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 19:49:41 EEST

>Jack Bowling <jbinpg_AT_shaw.ca> escribió:
>
>> Anybody successfully compiled the latest Audacity v1.2.1? It breaks
>> spectacularly in the portaudio section for me with all kinds of wxGTK
>> errors. I have the whole wxGTK environment on my box including the devel
>> stuff and I haven't had these errors with previous versions.
>
>mmm... it's funny, it fails for me too. never had had problem with audacity
>before. i searched the audacity mailing list and nobody complained about
>this, though...
>
>anyone?

FWIW, I have successfully built audacity-1.2.1 on SuSE 8.2, but I haven't
tested it yet. All I had to do was adjust some package (dependency) naming,
since SuSE has different package names. While building, I did notice a
message about it using portaudio 15 which restricts it to oss, and it said I
would have to change to use the experimental (?) portaudio 16 to get alsa
support. I have not done that yet. On my audio machine, I've got an M-Audio
Audiophile-2496, and I think (?) I'm restricted to using oss (because of
envy24control?) anyway? I'm a bit unclear on that. I'll play more later (on
another machine). Just another "data point" for you guys.

--
Juhan Leemet
Logicognosis, Inc.