Re: [linux-audio-user] audacity 1.2.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] audacity 1.2.1
From: luis jure (ljure_AT_multitel.com.uy)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 05:36:48 EEST

el Tue, 11 May 2004 18:35:41 -0700
Jack Bowling <jbinpg_AT_shaw.ca> escribió:

> > jack, just for the record, what configure options are you using?
>
> --with-libmad
> --with-vorbis
> --with-id3tag
> --with-libsndfile
> --with-libresample
> --with-portaudio

that was my same mistake. all those options are unnecessary if you have
those libraries installed, they are detected by configure and enabled by
default. follow my advise and delete the sources, untar anew and run a
simple ./configure. what i see when it ends is:

Finished configure:
  with libresample
  with libid3tag (system)
  with libmad (system)
  with LADSPA plug-ins
  with Nyquist plug-ins
  with vorbis (system)
  with portmixer
  with portaudio v18
  with soundtouch
  with help
prefix=/usr/local

after that make did work for me, why shouldn't it work for you too? of
course you can wait for ccrma rpms, but don't deprive yourself of the beauty
and satisfaction of using software you compiled yourself...

good luck,

lj