Re: [linux-audio-user] A most bizarre problem.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] A most bizarre problem.
From: Jos Laake (jos_AT_radiks.net)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 23:25:01 EEST

Joey Reid wrote:
> in alsamixer, look for a "Rec." toggle on the line-in channel. I had
> this very problem with my i810 compatible (nforce2) onboards sound.

Just to chime in with my own issues ;-) ...

I'm also using the i810/AC97 chipset (built-into the motherboard of my
Ice Cube) and the ALSA driver 'snd-intel8x0'. I've been trying to get
the hang of how to use the various I/O jacks with 'alsamixer', but geez!
There are 34 sliders there! Can anybody point me to a resource that
will explain how the i810/AC97 works and what all those sliders are for?

Thanks in advance,
~Jos~