[linux-audio-user] Linux songs?!

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Linux songs?!
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 20:07:52 EEST

Hello.

This idea has bugged me last months: how about making a punch of
Linux songs? I already know R. Stallman has written a song about
free software; perhaps that could be worked out first.

This would be a good time to start because today I saw a BBC news
on how a song of a Japanese company turned out to be a hit.
The company placed video to their webpages and people kept downloading,
and now they have sold the song good. Other companies are now
making songs as well. If the boom spreads outside Japan, perhaps the
good old IBM songs are soon worked out as songs which appeal to our
generation.

When we make the songs, my wish is that the whole editing projects
are made available (not only the final mix). That way anyone could
make an another version using the same material. The songs would
then work as tutorials as well.

Regards,
Juhana